Saturday 15 September 2012

HL F5 Sc class students' gathering night

this post is based on my (and Joy's too,actually) opinion only, so those whose opinion differ from mine, please don't get angry, I mean no offence, really.

Few months ago
 someone from other class thought of throwing a party, a graduation night or some sort, they ended up announcing about this 'Friendship Gathering', only available for Science classes students.
I don't felt like going at first,  kinda learnt my lesson last time I attended this kind of party, but then my friends are going, and I think we should spend some time together (since I actually never went out with my best friend), so I paid the money to go...

Few days ago
Ah Joy and I were discussing about 'the night', and we were actually not really enthusiastic about it. Hey, both of us can guess what is going to come up during the gathering, there must be some sexy-dance, or things like that, which don't impress us.

Today
Supposedly, the gathering starts at 7pm.
     I showered and read my novella while waiting for my hair to dry off. Time passed without me realising and by the time I looked up,it is already 7pm! So I quickly changed, threw on the dress I picked, a simple but nice dress and dashed downstairs, unadorned and without make-up. All the while I found myself thinking: Hah this just proved how much I care about it.
    Actually, I was thinking of bringing the novel I was reading along too, but I can't find any bag to put it in, and of course I can't just hold it and go inside the ballroom(yes, ballroom, a small one), people would be looking and think: God how geek she is. So I gave up on my perfect plan (yes it would be perfect to be to be able to bring a novel along) and only brought my camera instead.
    My friends were waiting when I arrived and we went in together after Mei Ling arrived, they all looked beautiful enough. Turns out Joy also brings along a novel with her, what a coincidence!

    And so the open ceremony and all other programs begun. I don't want to go into detail because there's nothing really worth talking about, except our class's performance which was really worth praising.
    6 guys and 1 girl from our class were dancing, sketching and singing. Their performance was so awesome and amusing that I was giggling all the way, my hand was shaking so bad that the video I recorded was in a blur (okay not that bad, but still...). It shows that us Sc1 is not all about studying and have the creativity to come up with such witty and hilarious performance.
    The other show which is also great was a slow dance performed by  girls, 3 are ballet dancer, so you get the picture. They just looked so elegant!

    But after that, no more good show. Most of them were dancing, shaking and showing off their body part (this is, at least what we thought anyway), duh. Seriously, others might think that those kind of korean dance is nice, but I think not, especially when some of them were shaking and twisting their butt like there's no tomorrow.

     And so, Joy and I, along with some of our friend went home after 9.30pm. Actually, HALF of the 5Sc1 did. No wonder students from other classes said that Sc1 students are boring, lol. Guess we just don't share the same thought with them.

     Don't get me wrong, I do appreciated those students' hard work, they took quite good care of the details and work hard to make this a perfect night, they even made a ticket for everyone. It is just that this occasion is not for us, different people have different opinion as I said. I still prefer some place quite, without all the noise and confusion. Got a taste of the precious peacefulness when me and Joy sneaked out of the ballroom, hmm how nice. But that cost us something, too, because when we were out, there's photography session, so we missed it, and we were the only two who attended but not in the picture, how sad...

gyr

No comments:

Post a Comment