Monday 17 September 2012

My Golden Rule when using Blogger

Well I just learnt of it actually.
Now here's the Golden Rule : Never ever read those post you have written, especially those written long time ago.

I just did that and I was horrified. Seriously, how childish I was back then, gushing over hot guys! I mean, I still do it sometimes, but it is different. And those words I used, I feel like fainting right now, good. Actually, I don't blame myself for my broken English because it is part of me, what I used to be. Besides, though growing up watching all kind of English shows like Magic English,  Barney&Friends and Disney movies, my interest in English only appeared when I was in Form 1, being overpowered by my love for Mandarin before that, and only then did I work hard enough to polish my English. So I have no one to blame except myself for my broken English.

Still, I was tempted by the idea of deleting them since some of them stand no value actually, but something stop me from doing it. The reason was simple enough : because it is part of the history!
Yup, history, of all things. You can't delete something and pretend that it never happened, just like what Japan did, trying to cover up what they had done in the past by saying that those woman (we call it as 慰安妇 in Mandarin) they captured (was forced to be their sex slaves) actually did the 'job'  voluntarily. Stupid, did they really think that people would fall for it?
So, however bad my old post are, I didn't delete them, I just did some correction here and there, when the grammatical mistakes are too much to endure.
It occurs to me that I might be reading this post some years later, sighing, just like what I did just now. But that is not a matter to be worried about right now, right? Besides, only when you has improved that you are able to criticise, so that should be a good thing.

gyr

4 comments:

  1. Hmm... You might want to take a look at your own Biodata here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. written when I was in F3, haven't look at it for a long time. What's wrong, grammatical errorssss? You spoke in such ominous tone.-.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch... Even the first sentence in your Biodata is "too much to endure". :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay okay, I'll delete the whole thing, hiak hiak, now stop quoting me.

    ReplyDelete